Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Women - whaddya' gonna' do?

Man, I tell ya' - women can be so freakin' weird. I just don't get it sometimes. I got a message from a lady on POF Monday night, and we sent a couple of messages back and forth over the last day or 2. So we were discussing in the messages about getting together for coffee. She sends me a message today asking about meeting tonight at 5:15pm in Mesa. Well, I need to cook dinner for the kids, so I can't be there that early. Not to mention that is a LONG way from me. So, I write back suggesting we do 6:30 at Tempe Marketplace. Next thing you know, I get a message from her on POF stating that she has decided she doesn't want to meet now, and wishing me good luck. WTF??!?! Really?

Now, if there is one thing I have learned in all of this - besides the fact that women are often times batshit crazy and totally un-understandable - it is not to take any of this personally. Who knows what' going on with her. And chances are that if she cancelled, it is for the best - we wouldn't have been a match anyway. After all, this situation, like every other, is in God's hands - not mine. And I am puttin my faith in the fact that if I just keep doing the footwork, I will eventually meet the woman the Universe thinks would be a good match. No use getting all upset about it, or letting it get me down. Hell, I've been through so much of this crap now I am actually starting to get numb to it! I think that, for me, that is actually a good thing.

Still haven't heard anything from Barbara, but not surprising. Both she, and from the looks of it, this other lady I was talking about - DeAnna - are both very attractive women, and probably get hundreds of emails a week from eligible dudes. So they are on the other side of this - gunning some of them down without ever even meeting them. Must be nice! Actually, I don't know about that now. Maybe it's even more discouraging - meeting TONS of guys, and none of them turn out to be a match. Bummer! We should all have such hardships! LOL

So yeah, I am right where I started, but with a much better attitude. Fuck 'em. Or bless 'em. It's all the same in the end!!! That's just terrible, isn't it? Oh well - I guess I am just a horrible person. But at least I am healthier emotionally, right? :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment