Friday, August 20, 2010

Back to normal...?

I started the "Numbsung Hero" blog up again, and must say, I am enjoying posting some funny stuff again. I have already got a couple of comments - onr from Carol (duh!) and another from some 'anonymous' reader who says there are glad I am back, that I am still funny and thanks for making them laugh. That made me feel pretty good - to know that someone is getting a laugh out of it. I have always loved making people laugh, and to think that I can do it in this venue of blogging, well, that's pretty darned cool in my opinion.

In other news, I got an email reply from Barbara in response to my lengthy apology and explanation. I thought for awhile that maybe she had blocked my email address and written me off as a stalker - seriously! But she finally wrote back and actually apologized herself for any hurt she may have caused. I thought that was nice, and wrote back and said that, if she was still up for it, I think I could be just friends with her; that I could restrain myself; and that I too was taking a break from dating for awhile. Haven't heard back from her just yet, but she mentioned in her email that she might be down in the Biltmore area Saturday to meet "the girls," and that if she was, perhaps we could meet up and exchange her book and my movie. So we'll see what happens.

I guess there really isn't much more going on than I have already covered. I am meeting with my sponsor after my AA meeting tonight to talk over some stuff, in particular this dating stuff, and other than that, have no real plans for the weekend. I guess we will just see if anything interesting comes up. You just never know what's going to happen :)

3 comments: