Monday, August 23, 2010

Recapping Sunday's events

Yesterday, I was fairly shocked to receive a text from Barbara wishing me "good morning" and saying that she had been mulling over the idea of friendship, and how that might look. She also mentioned that she is extremely busy, with having 2 jobs and going to school, and that if she doesn't always get back to me in a timely manner, I shouldn't take it personal. I told her that I thought I could do that, and so it seems that we are going to be able to be friends after all, which is pretty cool. Because even though I thought she played some mind games - which she may not have meant to do - she is a nice woman who is very interesting to talk to and very spiritual. So I am pretty happy about that. And I would be lying if I said I had no hope or belief that her contacting me again might well indicate that she actually "misses" me to some extent, and that it might yet turn to something more one day. But I am not expecting that, nor am I putting all my hopes and expectations into it - I am just going to enjoy being friends.

I did end up meeting with Heather yesterday, and we talked for a good 2 hours. It was pretty emotional for her, and I think some of the stuff we talked about, esp. regarding parents, our addictions, our struggles and trials, really brought up some stuff that was painful for her. She teared up a couple of times, and I actually ended up reaching out and hugging and comforting her once, as she was very emotional, and I wanted her to know that I was there for her. I told her that she doesn't need to be alone all the time - that she can call me, and we can do some things together. I always liked Heather - she is a real, genuine person, and a total sweetheart.

Which reminds me that I want to send her an email and check in on her, so I think I will do that. All is going well in my life, other than the fact that I checked my APS bill this morning, and it is $330 for last month! That is just crazy, considering it was only $155 last month, and about $192 for July of last year. I called APS, but of course they said nothing was wrong, and that I should have my A/C unit serviced. So I am going to do that, and if the bill is still sky high next month, they gonna' have some 'splaining to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment