Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Bored, but grateful

So today I am a bit bored. I have been working pretty hard on the Better Together app, and it has come together nicely, albeit with quite a few challenges related to the tab panel, and the associated eccentricities of dealing with postbacks when, logically speaking, all of the controls are on one "page" - in the same aspx file. But I have definitely learned a lot about JavaScript, tab panels themselves, and the use of session variables to help maintain state. Not to mention, it is looking pretty sweet too.

Today, I thought I might hear back from Barbara - half expected her to text this morning when I didn't text her - but she is a tough cookie, and I haven't heard a peep. I am actually ok with it now though, as I am taking a completely different view of the whole thing, and no longer feel that sense of "wow!" about her. And I think that is for the best anyway. What was going on there with me was in no way healthy, and I am much more stable and rational again. I admit, it is fun to be all caught up and "swept away" but those kind of feelings. But not so much when the other person isn't really as well, ya know?

In more mundane matters, I about pooped my pants yesterday when I checked my APS bill online and found that it is $330 - talk about a "holy shit! moment! My bill last month was only $155, and last year for this month, was only $190. So I called APS and told them I thought there was something wrong. The lady on the phone asked me when the last time I had the A/C serviced was, that it was probably the issue. Well, I don't know when the last time was, and I am certain they won't take any type of action on their part until I have had it serviced to make sure that isn't it. And who knows - maybe that is it. It does seem like it has been running a lot more. I scheduled someone to come out and take a look at it tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out.

Well, I am going to find some other way to deal with my boredom now. I already posted to the Numbsung too, so not quite sure what's next! Lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment