Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'll keep on writing I guess

I was supposed to demo the app I have been working on, "Better Together", to Jennifer (the big boss) today at 11am. But, not surprisingly, she cancelled it. After all - it's not a DL, not important to her, and she could probably care less about it. That's one thing about here - she's great at letting people know through her complete lack of interest - or over abundance of it - just who and whose work she is really interested in, and who should she could give a shit less about. As if you had to guess, I fall squarely into that last category. And days like today, when I thought she might actually take a few minutes out of her busy schedule (does this sound familiar?) to actually grant me audience in her chamber and then cancelled it - well, days like that remind me where I stand with her.

Come to think of it, this is a bit of a recurring theme with women lately, isn't it? First there was Barbara, who let me know how unimportant I was by not being able to make time for me, now there is my boss at work who does the same. Nice! I like it. Actually, I think it sucks ass, and that if I was some super stud, they both would have made time for me - they would somehow have "magically" made time. But alas, I am the lowly peasant, not worthy of audience with the queens. Back to the fields to toil I go.

Wow - this is starting to sound so self-pitying that I am actually getting sick of it myself. I am just going to shut the fuck up, be grateful for what I do have, and quit bitching. I will tell this drivel to Diana this afternoon. Blah.

No comments:

Post a Comment