Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Great Meditations

I have been meaning to record some of the awesome meditations, or at least the visualizations I have used for them, for the last week or so. Of course, with what has been going on, that kind of went to the wayside. But I had another really awesome one this morning, so I want to record them for future posterity, as I seem to have hit on something that really resonates deeply with me.

The initial meditation I had about 4 or 5 days ago started with a motif I have been using alot, especially with the "rain and chimes" deep meditation CD I have : I envision sitting on the shores of a beautiful lake in the woods, with the gentle rain falling on it. I started extending the vision a bit to include a stream emptying gently into the lake. Then, the other day, I made some inner cognition of the stream as a literal "stream of consciousness", flowing from the ocean of Mind, and the lake as my individual consciousness being fed by that of the Universal Consciousness. It was very powerful indeed.

This morning, I was having that same kind of meditation, and had Kwan Yin enter it, pouring out her jar of healing water in the lake of my consciousness, calming its waters and soothing my mind and spirit. It was another awesome meditation, and I am really enjoying this new direction in which my meditation is going. I was having some trouble getting into deep states of samadhi, but since this imagery has come, I have been getting there more often, and gotten to even deeper levels than I had before.

So I will continue along the path. I was thinking this morning that one of the things I, and actually some other people, have noticed recently is how excellent my memory is getting, particularly when associated with remembering people's names, like at meetings and such. Where I used to have a hard time remembering peoples names, often times at meetings now, I can hear 3 or 4 peoples names, and I instantly memorize them, completely without effort. I even had a girl mention something about it last week when I went up to her and her friend after a meeting and called them both by name. She was somewhat amazed, saying "wow! You remembered that? Good memory!" I explained to her jokingly that my memory was only that way for women. But in reality, it has been getting that way for everyone. I am thinking it might just be associated with the meditation, but can't say for sure. I know my memory is getting better though, and that is pretty cool. And given just how enjoyable the meditation has become, I would keep doing it even if there were no visible or concrete benefits, if only to allow my mind that time to truly relax. It truly is a gift, and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment