Monday, June 7, 2010

Breaking the "Michelle" curse

Just when I thought I was destined - or after the events of this weekend - doomed, to end up with a woman named Michelle, a ray of sunshine broke through the M cloud in the form of a woman named Dana. I sent her a message through POF, she replied, and we ended up texting back and forth this weekend, even chatting on the phone Saturday night. She looks to be very pretty from her pictures on POF - a brunette with beautiful blue eyes (always LOVED that combination). She is a fellow Taurus and seems to be pretty put together. Of course, we will see about that as time goes by, as I have thought that about other women only to find out it wasn't completely true. We are going to meet Weds night for coffee, and I am pretty excited about it to be honest. I just re-read my "rules" though, and am trying to remind myself to go SLOW! Ha ha!

I met the other woman I was texting, Shelli, yesterday, and she was very nice. I noticed right off the bat that she has a large tattoo on the back of her neck that extends down her upper back, so that was a bit of a turn-off, as I am not big on tattoos, especially on women. All in all, she was very sweet, but I didn't feel any real physical attraction. I am not really sure how to proceed, as she is really nice, and I don't want to just summarily blow her off. I will have to contemplate that. Typically, the MO has been to just cease contact - both on my side, and the woman's. If the other person isn't interested, they just don't contact the other one anymore. I would feel kinda' bad doing that with her though, so I want to come up with something better.

And now on to the piece de resistance - the outcome with Michelle, the one I was so hopeful about after receiving the text from her while camping. Here is a woman that I think is more messed up and manipulative than me! Lol. Here I am texting and emailing her, all concerned that something is horribly wrong with her. So I text her orig phone Satruday night in yet another effort to find out if she is ok, and I get back a simple, "No worries. I'm ok." WTF?!?!?! I have had actual concern and worry for her, and turns out she is fine, just been a little sick?

That in and of itself was enough to make me a little irritated. But then, I ask her about maybe seeing her again, and she says that she is burnt out on men, that she doesn't want to see anyone for awhile. I reminded her that SHE sent me the text saying that stuff about "fizzling" and about my email rocking her world, and she says "sorry if I confused you." Ok - at this point, I am thinking that either A. This woman has no concept of the dynamics of communication between single men and women, or B. This lady is extremely manipulative, and possibly even shizophrenic. So I sent her a text to clarify once and for all, stating that I did not want her to text me again unless she was interested in seeing me again. To which she replied she was going to delete all my contact info from her phone. Fine - great - whatever! I think she truly belongs with that guy Ryan - that they are made for each other, and I hope they have a wonderful life together! Ha ha!

So the adventure continues, with the next chapter yet to be written. Will Dana be promising? Will we have a good meetup? Will I be attracted to her? Will she be attracted to me? Only time will tell. One thing is sure though - whatever happens, it is bound to be interesting! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment