Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Update on pen pal

I have thought about posting a number of times lately, and then always decided against it because I really didn't think I had much to post about. But, I am wanting a break from some rather monotonous coding I am doing (generating a PDF document in the code behind - fun stuff!), and I don't have any fun emails to read or responses to send out, so here I am : )

First off, I can say that I did find a pen pal - at least I think I did. I got an email back from this woman named Joanie who is supposedly some meditation retreat leader, saying that she was surprised at how many similarities we share and asking me to send a pic along, as she likes to have a visual of the person she is communicating with. So I sent her a response last night along with a couple of pics. Haven't heard back from her yet, but I am trying to keep in mind that I am what you might call a "hyper-communicator," and that 99% of the population does not, and will not be able to keep up with the frequency or timeliness of my communication. That one has proved to be very challenging for me - to realize how unrealistic my expectations are in that area, and to accept that it is I who has the 'issue,' and the other 99% of the population. I'm still trying to find a "work-around" for that realization! Ha ha

In other news, I took a couple of days off this last weekend - the Friday before and the Monday after, and was really stoked to get some good stuff done. First, I finally got around to really looking into the "Lamp Out" warning light on my truck, and decided to pull the tail light covers off and see if, just maybe, the actual bulbs themselves were burnt out. I remembered Ty telling me some time back that one of them was out, and if both were now, it seemed likely that it wasn't a switch issue (as the guy at Jiffy Lube suggested) because if it was, they both would have gone out at the same time. So, I checked the owner's manual out, found out how to take the covers off, did that, and lo and behold - both of the bulbs WERE burned out! So I ran to Checker, bought some new ones for $5, put 'em in, and after 4 or 5 months, the Lamp Out light is finally off. Yaaayyy!

Then, I thought I would stop by the Banner Federal Credit Union to see about refinancing my truck. I was hoping maybe I could get a better interest rates and lower my payment a bit. But because I had applied for a credit card or 2 lately (so I could try to consolidate all my credit cards) and been declined, I was a little leery about, thinking I might not qualify. But I went down and filled out an app anyway to give it a shot. About 2 hours later, the lady called me on my cell, and from the sound of her voice, I could tell I had been declined. But I hadn't - I was APPROVED! I was (and still am) sooooo stoked! I got my rate lowered to 5.9% interest, and my monthly payments, over the same term (3 yrs left) will be $100 lower. To top it off, she said my credit looked good, that there were no negatives on it, and that even my BK wasn't showing up. I felt like I won the lottery, but even better, seeing as how I have really worked hard to manage my credit responsibly and make all my payments on time. I am carrying balances that are too high (65%+) on my credit cards - that she acknowledged - but that's it, all she saw that could be negative.

In other, somewhat more somber news, I heard from Todd that Big Rob from CA passed away this weekend and was found deceased in his house. That same night, Saturday, Randall wrecked his motorcycle and is apparently in critical condition in the ICU at John C Lincoln North. I haven't really gotten any details on that yet - I don't think anyone has really. I do know, from what I read on his FB wall and from what Kathy B told me, that he had some head trauma, and was fading in and out of consciousness. He was one of those "no gear" riders, and unfortunately, it sounds like that might have really worked against him as far as the head injury goes. I just hope he comes out of it ok and that there is no serious or lasting brain injury.

So yeah, I guess there really was a lot to write about, wasn't there? It's funny, my perspective... if there is no major chaos in my personal life, or no major issues I am dealing with, I tend to think I have nothing to write about; perhaps because I use writing in my journal as a form of therapy. But, and a couple of people (including Diana) have suggested this to me, I need to acknowledge the good stuff too, and to realize that it is just as worthy of being captured in my journal, and just as therapeutic as the other stuff. And I guess, by writing this today, I am starting to see that... Either that, or I am just REALLY bored!!! Ha ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment