Thursday, October 7, 2010

Darned bed bugs

I had a nice session with Diana last night and came out with some great material I am going to use to create some "scripts" for me to use to help reprogram my thoughts and get unstuck, and away from all the negative self-talk. She took me through some rational self-analysis exercises and we focused on 2 primary areas : dating, and Galen. So there is some good work to be done there. But today, I am more interested in capturing some other interesting, albiet unwelcome news, about my life : bed bugs in my bedroom, and the headache they have created.

Actually, instead of retyping all this, I am going to refer myself (recursion - nice!) to a post I put on a bedbug forum : (put the link here...)

Last night, after getting the new bed and boxspring, I found a bedbug again - under my pillow. So I called Burns Pest Elimination, and they said they can send a dog out, that it costs $150, and $20 per room. So basically, $170 to just do my bedroom. After spending over $750 on a new bed and bedding, all I can say is yowch! I think I am going to stick out for another week or 2 and see if I come across any more of the critters. If I do, I guess I will have to bite the bullet and have them come out, because I can't stand knowing they are around - a SERIOUS heebie jeebie thing!

So I am praying that I don't find any more. I am thinking that tonight I am going to take the new pillows I bought - the 2 bed ones from JC Penney, throw pillow from WalMart, and seat pad for meditation from Ross - to the local laundromat and dry the hell out of them to kill any bugs or eggs that may have come from them. I have a sneaking suspicion that they may have "ridden in" on one of those pillows. Lord I hope so - I really don't want to have to cough up a ton of cash to get rid of those things. I wonder if this is one of the "plagues" that the Bible warned about - first locusts, and frogs - now bedbugs. Can I request that we get the locusts back please? At least you can keep them out of the house and still get  a good night's sleep! Lol : )

No comments:

Post a Comment