Monday, April 5, 2010

Fairy Tales 2.0 - the new and improved version...

So yes, fairy tales do come true. However, the last one I wrote about turned out to be a little less than a true fairy tale when Michelles' boyfriend texted her on Saturday night threatening to kill himself, and getting her all discombobulated. She was a sweet girl, but sharing an 8 month old baby with a guy who cheated on her repeatedly over 5 years, and was threatening to kill himself, and she had broken up with only 3 months ago - yeah, that was a little too much. So....

The true fairy tale, I mean something right out of a romantic movie, has been crysallizing, and once again, 18 years later, Ty and I are in love, and both sober (her from drugs, me from everything) to really appreciate it. There are some complications - not the least of which is the fact that she is married to an army guy who is serving in Afghanistan right now. I could, and probably "should" feel really badly about even attempting anything with her on a romantic level. But it has become clear that she has loved me all these years, and that I love her and so want to have her in my life again. She makes me laugh, makes me smile, makes me cry with the beautiful things she says to/about me.

And from what she has described, she does not truly love the man she is with - it was more a marriage of convenience than love, and she wants desperately to be with me. Out of concern for him, and his comrades over there, she doesn't want to tell him anyhting while he is there, and I don't blame her one little bit. I don't think either of us could live with ourselves if anything happened as a result of him being upset about finding out about this. It does make for a sticky situation, and I have vowed that we will not engage in any sexual activities until the truth has come out and they are at least separated.

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment