Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hate to say it (moved from the Numbsung Hero...)

Ugh. Man, I just hate to say it, but it is starting to look like my mom was actually right. She has been telling me for months now that I am too fat, and that if I don't lose weight, I will probably never get a girlfriend. And, the longer I try to tough it out on the online dating scene, the more it is starting to look like she was right. I mean, a good number of these women honestly won't even MEET a guy unless he is in fantastic shape, like with 6 pack abs and such. If you don't work out 5 days a week, they don't even want to talk to you. And I have found out, much to my dismay, that to these women, cleaning house and doing laundry DO NOT count as "working out" - even if you do it really fast!
Now, my mom has been giving me crap for years about my "fatness." I am really not fat as most people would think of it, but I do have a little bit of a 'middle aged man' belly. That is not to say I am not in decent shape. It is just to say that I don't have the metabolism I once did, and that I don't take the time I could to work out. But apparently, if I ever want to meet someone, I am going to have to start.
Perhaps I am fatter than I see myself as, kinda like the opposite of anorexia - I see myself as fine, but I am actually really fat. And perhaps it is such that women are repulsed by my belly. And if this is the case, my mom was right, and I have been allowing myself to be happy with who I am only through the delusion that I have been living under.
And to be honest, I probably deserve to be and feel this way. I used to give my ex stuff for being a little heavy sometimes, all the while getting bigger myself - the epitomy of hypocrisy. I guess the question now is, how will I deal with this? Will I change my lifestyle and start working out? Or will I simply do what I know best when it comes to this stuff and just give up.
Right now it's hard to say. I sure feel like giving up. But then again, I have said that several times over the last few weeks, and yet here I am, still putting my fat little butt out there. Wow - I don't know what hurts more : realizing that I am unattractively heavy, or admitting that my mom was right all along.

And here is a comment my favorite cuz left :

"I have a great idea...put on your profile that you just got off The Biggest Loser show and am looking for someone to be your exercise partner. You could say that you were 700 pounds and then they'll not even notice the "middle aged tire".
Listen retard, you're way off! And the above was sarcasm. Yes, as the therapist told me, "tearing of the flesh" and I'm not to use it anymore. Opps.
Love ya!"

No comments:

Post a Comment