Friday, April 29, 2011

April '11 Update

Ok, so I have been living life and actually have stuff to do at my new job and therefore have not been blogging much. I think I have pretty much come to the conclusion that for me, blogging is something I do mostly to help combat boredom. And since I haven't been bored, no blogging.

So what has been happening lately... Well, rather than post some long-winded explanation, I will just do a bullet-list style this time :

- I went in and got my eyes checked (was having a lot of headaches and squinting a lot). Ended up getting glasses, and was surprised at just how fuzzy myv vision had gotten. And here I had been wondering for like the last 2 or 3 years why noone else in movie theaters was upset at how out of focus the movie was! Ha!

- I have been working with my sponsee Holmes, got him up to the 7th step now. He's still sober so far.

- I finally got a new sponsor myself after not having spoken to Richard in at least 4 or 5 months. I asked Rich C from my Happy Hour homegroup to sponsor me last week. So far, really glad I did too.

- Galen is back out of the house again after me coming home this week to find an empty seal that wreaked of pot on the couch. There was no big blowup this time. He wasn't home and hasn't come home since. I told him he could stay at Alex's for a couple of weeks to decide if it was more important to live at home or to keep smoking pot. It's hard to believe for me that after everything his mom and I have gone through that he would choose to walk that hard path, but it's his choice to make. I just don' want drugs or drug paraphernalia in my house.

- My new job is going awesome, and I am SOOO glad to be here. They really seem to appreciate me, and I feel both respected and wanted.

- My motorcycle broke down Tuesday night, leaving me at the Thomas road exit off the SR51, I ended up pushing it to the AM PM on 16th st and Thomas and getting it towed home the next night (Wednesday). I haven't had much of a chance to look at it, but am planning to dive in and see if I can figure something out when I get off today at 1pm.

And, most important - to me anyway - Debbie and I are doing awesome. I love her with all my heart and so wish that I could get out of my condo and we could get something together. I'm not quite sure how that is possibly going to work out anytime in the next year or 2 or 5, but I pray it will.

Ok, that's it for now. Thanks be to God, the Program and the Universe for all the good stuff in my life. And ultimately, it's truly all good... : )

No comments:

Post a Comment