Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Getting better

This last weekend was pretty interesting, as I was alone on Halloweeen night for the first time in many years. I have always taken the kids out trick or treating, or at the least been there when they got home to go through their goody bags with them. But Tessi really wanted to spend some time over at her mom's too, so I took her to meet Sam on Friday night. Then, on Saturday, I spent the entire day with Mom. We took the light rail from beginning to end and back, with a stop by "Majerle's" for lunch, and then a trip through the Arizona Science Center, which was very interesting. We had a nice day, and it was good to get out and do something I had not done before. It was weird not having the kids around on Halloween night. I ended up watching "Drag Me to Hell," and it was actually really good. So all in all, it was a good day/night.

Generally, I have been feeling better and think that I am on a bit of an upswing. I have found some good new meetings to go to, and even made a new friend (Jim B) in one of them. I have been pretty good about doing my emotional ABC's every night like I am supposed to be doing, and have been feeling calmer and less depressed. Another event that is kind of exciting, and something I think will help the depression ease even more, is the opening of an employee fitness center across the street at BGSMC. The annual fee is only $50, and it sounds like they have all of the stuff a person could expect at a gym, including showers - much like they had at Blue Cross. Now, I have lost my last major excuse for not getting in shape, and to be honest, I am glad. I am looking forward to exercising again and possibly losing a little weight (maybe..?)

And that's about it. I have an appt with Heidi for a medcheck this Thursday, and one with Diana that night. I am completely avoiding asking - or even THINKING of asking - any women out. I am being pretty much completely indifferent to them, and have completely given up on finding one. In fact, I watched this great movie last night called "Whatever Works," and in the end, the guy (played by Larry David, a la Seinfeld) found a partner by jumping out a window to commit suicide and landing on some lady! It was so funny, and such a great message : it really is all up to chance, and even when we aren't even consciously looking, we might just get find that thing that has escaped us for so long. Hopefully, I won't jump out any windows, but Lord knows I have seriously considered similar actions!

No comments:

Post a Comment