Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Update - 2012, my new position, a new place, and Tessi back home

It seems almost humorously redundant to say, once again, "Wow - it has been a LONG time since my last post!" Ha ha. But indeed, it has. And this time, because I have been enjoying life, and in particular my new job, so much. I am really loving being a BA and especially at this company, in this dept. Everyone (with the exception of the other BA, Jay) is very nice to work with, and I have encountered nothing but positive vibes (except from Jay - recurring theme here...? Lol).

About that thing with Jay - it boils down to the simple fact that he and I are basically polar opposites : I am patient, somewhat reserved, and business professional when it comes to meetings. He is impulsive, rather loud, and tends to interrupt a lot and take over meetings when he is in them. It led to a bit of an impasse last week when he talked over me at a meeting we attended - one which he was not even the presenter of - and without pouting or explicitly sating it, I let him know that I didn't appreciate it. Our boss Ryan (who is WAAAYYYY cool - one of the nicer people I have ever met, and got me a Cardinals hat for Christmas after knowing me for only 2 weeks) has even spoken to me, and him, about it. Fortunately, he sees it as it is - 2 different personalities interacting, and doesn't worry too much about it. Jay, on the other hand, seems to be incredibly sensitive, and I wonder if he isn't threatened by me a little bit. Fortunately, I am very comfortable in who and what I am, and because we are peers - he's not my boss - it really doesn't have any major impact.

Oh, did I mention I LOVE being a BA??? I was actually looking over some documents on my laptop and found a resume from 2008 that I had targeted for a BA position. I didn't realize it had been that long that I had been wanting to make this transition. I knew it had been a while. So it's no wonder that I am so happy. And what makes it even sweeter is that I am finally getting some real experience in the field, experience that I can put on a resume' so that if (and I hope it doesn't happen for a LONG time, if ever) I ended up leaving GCU, I could apply for another BA position instead of going back into development. And it seems like I have a real knack for it. I got a great 30 day review last week, and my customers (and the Devs, thank goodness) seem to like me a lot so far.

In other news, I finally decided to let the condo go and moved to a house in Mesa. It's a 4 bedroom with a 2 car garage, nice, big back yard, lots of room on the inside, and only about 100 yards away from a park. I (eventually we) are just renting it, but I like it so much, I am hoping we can stay for a long time. It's only about a mile away from where Debbie lives currently, so we have been seeing a lot more of each other, and that has been awesome. Oh, HOW could I forget - it has a WASHER AND DRYER - YESSSSSS! No more going to laundromats, and I have been LOVING that!

And, about 3 weeks ago, Tess called and said her mom wanted her to come back to live with me. I guess some shady situation went down (imagine that) where her mom and Ken went to someone's house along with all the kids, and let some 'guys' borrow their vehicle. Well, the guys were gone all day (were only supposed to be gone for a little while), and when they finally got back, Tessi said something like "It's about time - sheez!" Well, her mom and Ken didn't liker her 'embarassing' them, so they asked her to leave - which I was actually happy about, as I was not liking the way everything I bought her was disappearing, not to mention all the unsavory activities that happened over there. I am glad she is home and have been enjoying having her around.

So life is good - better than I could ever have imagined. And I am SO incredibly grateful to God, the Universe, and all that is. I am truly blessed, and if the world really ends this year, well, then at least I got to experience true heaven on earth before it does : )

No comments:

Post a Comment