Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update on the "mom" situation

After mom's little surprise last week. I decided to do what it takes to get the changes made to the court order so the kids could see Sam again. I went down to the Superior Court (think I mentioned that in my last post) and found out that a person can actually file a modification to a court order on their own. They have packets available for sale for $15, or they told me I could download the from the Internet for free. So this last weekend, I did just that - downloaded all the forms and spent most of Sunday filling them all out.

Yesterday, Sam met me down there, and we got all of the necessary forms files. hopefully, by next week, we will get some kind of decree so we can know that we are out of the woods for good - at least on this issue. I have to mention that I have been very impressed with Sam lately, and I really hope she stays sober. She has been very responsible, and we have been able to work together to get stuff done, which is very nice for a change. She is still hesitant about having the kids over until we know that results of the order we filed, and I can't blame her.

On a related note, Galen told me that he would actually like to come spend the next 4 or 5 days at home. I thought he must have some sort of hidden agenda, as he has been very cold to me lately. So I called him on it, and asked him why he REALLY wanted to come over. He said the he had made some bad decisions, and that he honestly wants to work on rebuilding our relationship. I told him that was agood enough for me, so he will be coming back with Tessi tonight to stay for awhile. I am still a little suspicious of his true motives, but I hope he proves me wrong.

I haven't heard anything from mom, although LoraLei did call Marshal last weekend (through Mom's manipulation, I'm sure) and told him that mom was suicidal and wasn't doing well. Marsh called me to see what I thought, and I told him that I didn't trust mom, that it was probably a manipulation of hers, and that I wasn't going to do anything. He decided to call her, and from what he told me after, he was left thinking that I was probably right - that it was just a manipulation technique of mom's. She ended up hanging up on him (surprise, right?).

I am basically done with her for some time. It is horrible - so horrible - to say, but I was actually thinking that if she offed herself, it might be the best thing for everyone, including her. She is just so jaded, spiteful, angry and fearful that I can't imagine she enjoys life very much. And I know that the misery she causes everyone else would not be missed. I would feel horrible if she ever read this, but like she always says - you gotta' call a spade a spade.

We still managed to have a very nice Christmas however. Tess and I went over to Marshal and Kristina's and had a great time with them and Q. Tess and I went to see Avatar in IMAX 3D Christmas day, and it was awesome. Actually, one of the more relaxing holidays I've had in a long time.

I pray for my mom - that she gets some real help. Supposedly she is seeing a psychiatrist at the VA every Monday, but I have no faith that she will stick with it long enough to experience any true healing. We'll see though. Maybe we will all have a miracle, and she will finally do the one thing she has always avoided - take a long, hard look at herself, and take some time to deal with HER issues instead of everyone else's. Please Lord, let it be....

No comments:

Post a Comment