Monday, August 31, 2009

Ahhhhhhh....

Wow, I feel so much better already. This morning, I deactiated my Facebook account, and I just got done deleting my profile on "plentyoffish." I feel a strange sense of relief, and actually feel really good about it.

I also did something else I feel good about - I called and had my son's cell phone service suspended. I have been threatening for a long time, and it feels good to actually follow through with it. I made the decision after talking to his social studies teacher and finding out that he hasn't been turning in ANY of the homework for that class. The really bad part? It's not even homework, it's work that they are supposed to do in class. That was the last straw for me. I can't wait to hear his excuse for this one. "Oh, I didn't know we were supposed to do the homework in class, I just thought everybody was reading or something." Yeah - right!

So today begins a new, hopefully happier period for me. I am gone from the "cyber scrutiny" sites, and can just focus on what is right in front of me - what I should have been doing all along. Hey, sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment